Today I’m going to share my top tips for social media success.
We’ve all been told we need to be using social media for our business, but what if it’s not working?
Maybe your network isn’t growing? Your posts are being ignored? how do you get the best out of these platforms to make sure you’re not wasting your time?
- You’ve heard the stories about how much Facebook knows about you. As a business owner, we can use that to our advantage. The insights you’ll get on Facebook pages are hugely informative, telling you which of your posts are performing well. When you should be posting and who’s looking at what you’re sharing. These insights are incredibly useful, so make sure you know what you want to achieve and let Facebook help you do it.
- Because of the information we’ve talked about above, targeting of your content can be incredibly specific. For paid adverts and boosted posts, Facebook allows you to consider your demographic and target audience with real focus. This is another very effective tool.
- Shop – For those businesses looking to create a simple effective store-front, Facebook has what you need easily available. Partnered with the two other tools mentioned. This is a great way to reach out to the right people and get your products in front of them.
- Set up your profile to succeed. If you set up your profile page when you joined LinkedIn years ago and haven’t updated it since you’ll be missing out. If you’re using LinkedIn to show off your business, then it must show you off too.
Did you know you can look for people on LinkedIn? By using this you can search for people in particular roles or areas. Make sure you consider what people are looking for and set up your profile, so they find you.
- People want to make connections – as long as they’re useful connections. Anyone using their LinkedIn account for the business wants to increase their network. But make sure you focus on people who you can support as well as those who can support you. And certainly, don’t spam them with messages as soon as you connect!
- LinkedIn isn’t just about your office space. We know how important personal relationships are to your business in the real world. The same is true of social media too. Showing your audience something of your personality can really help cement connections and make you more memorable.
- It’s true of all social media platforms including Instagram, your posts will only be effective if you focus on what your audience wants to see. Think about who you’re posting for and show them something they’ll value.
The greatest thing about Instagram is the space it gives you to ‘Show Don’t Tell’, if your business is one in which you can clearly show value with images, Instagram is the place to do it.
- If you think your audience won’t be found on Instagram, you may be surprised. The audience for Instagram has grown incredibly so check it out, you don’t want to miss out.
- Hashtags on your posts – as long as they’re selected well – will help you reach people you may never reach on your own. But use them wisely, if you use too many, they’ll ruin the post and you won’t get the effect you’re hoping for.
- The important thing on Twitter is to get involved in the conversation. It isn’t just about what you post but what you interact with and how you share your skills and knowledge with others who are posting.
- Keep posting. Those who are most effective on Twitter are posting many times throughout the day, they’re keeping on top of conversations and making sure they’re visible in peoples feeds.
- Get involved, not just by posting often, but by searching out conversations and communities. Whether it’s local business networks or industry-focused Twitter Hours, finding the right people to interact with can provide a great support and growth tool for your business.
Make the most of your social media
Whichever platforms you’re currently using. I hope you’ve found something here which will help you grow your business and give you social media success. And please, if you have any tips of your own to share, we’d love to hear them.
Bella Marketing offers a free audit of your social media channels, we’ll tell you what’s good. Or what could do with improving and how you could use your platforms for Social Media Success.